8th Grade Head Coach: Richard Ward
- Phone: 720-255-8944
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Head Coach: Joann Johnson
- Phone: 970-402-4547
- Email: email@example.com
- 2014-15 7th Grade Girls Schedule
- 2014-15 8th Grade Girls Schedule
- December 29-30 Pres-season camp sign up form
Tryouts will take place on January 5, 6, and 7 from 3:30-5:30pm.
All students trying out and playing a sport will need a physical. A yellow physical card (Middle School Authorization for Athletic Participation Form) will need to be filled out by you and your doctor. Return the card to the school or directly to the coaches. We must have this card on file before your student will be allowed to participate.
- There is a $75.00 PSD participation fee
- Players must have proof of school or personal insurance to begin practice
- All practices will begin at 3:00 pm and end at 5:30 pm. Players need to be picked up by 5:45 pm
- Please notify coaches of any medical needs that are specific to your player (asthma, hearing, etc)
The purpose of the Kinard Middle School Basketball Program is to provide life skills while stressing teamwork, solid athletic competition, and hard work using the vast array of skills and disciplines necessary in the sport of basketball.
BASKETBALL AT KINARD:
There is probably no other sport which can reveal character in an individual more than basketball. The basketball program at Kinard will provide students with the essential basketball skills needed for them to apply in all aspects in their life, not just basketball.
- At all times, the coaches will care for the health and spiritual well being of the participant.
- Basketball requires quality physical conditioning that is different from any other sport, the next few weeks participants in basketball will be feeling the effects of the conditioning that will occur in practice. All drills and practice sessions are designed to prepare the participant for Middle School competition. (Solid conditioning has been proven to be an essential safeguard from possible injury.)
- Students in basketball will have to obtain a current doctor's physical, have school insurance or an insurance waiver on file in the school office, and have completed all other athletic card needs. (Please note that the doctor's physical must be updated annually.)
- The players are considered to be student athletes, and student grades are a priority. If a players grades become unsatisfactory immediate action will be taken to help the student academically.
Practice will be held every afternoon from 3:30-5:30 pm. Participants MUST attend every practice if they have been in school that day. Practice should be only missed if ABSOLUTELY necessary. Missing practice may effect playing time, and an excessive amount of missed practices may cause for the player to be dismissed from the team (these will be handled on a case by case basis). If a player is leaving school due to illness, etc., the student should checkout with the office AND their Coach. Basketball players should be picked up from school grounds no later than 5:45 pm (players will be ready to leave the school grounds by 5:53 pm).
Occasionally, there will be practices before school starts. These practices will start promptly at 7:00 am and finish at 8:00 am. Morning practices are held when the gym is being used for Wrestling matches, school sponsored events during the afternoon, or any other special events that may arise. Players will know about these practices a minimum of 2 school days before it is held.
Each player should have sufficient basketball shoes to help protect them from injury, if a player requires knee brace, ankle brace, etc... they should obtain it ASAP, if a player can not get one the player and/or parent of player should talk to their coach immediately so that action can be taken to get that player one.
After practice all players should go home, shower, do their homework and get lots of sleep. Their routine will keep us all healthy, as we will all be expending a great deal of energy each practice! Clean workout clothes should be brought daily. During cold/windy days, we highly suggest that each player have a stocking cap to cover head and ears after practice.
All basketball players are encouraged to eat balanced meals including the four food groups: (1) Protein (2) dairy products (3) fruits and vegetables (4) breads and cereals.
- Information is available upon request.
- Soda pop and other junk food should be severly reduced during the season!
(1) All players will show respect for Kinard facilities.
(2) Any use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco will be absolutely prohibited. Infractions will be dealt with according to PSD policies. Refer to the Code of Conduct.